Right to school transportation
The Board of Education has decided that free school transportation be provided for all pupils in preschool – grade 9 in the entire municipality in the following circumstances:
- Free preschool or school trip to preschool or a local school designated by the municipality for a pupil attending preschool or pupils in grades 1-3 if the school trip in one direction is longer than 3 km. (By law, all pupils who have more than 5 km to their local school have the right to free school transportation.)
- Free preschool or school trip to preschool or a local school designated by the municipality for preschool pupils or pupils in grades 1–6 if the road section / road is classified as too dangerous according to the Koululiitu assessment program (Risk value 190 for preschool pupils, risk value 200 for pupils in grades 1-3, risk value 240 for pupils in grades 4-6 and risk value 290 for pupils in grades 7–9).
- Preschool pupils and pupils in grades 1-6 who are entitled to school transportation are picked up from / dropped off at the home address if the distance from home to the main road / transport route exceeds 1.5 km, and for pupils in grades 7–9 if the distance exceeds 3 km, provided that the statutory time for school travel is not exceeded. If the distance is shorter, the pupil goes to and from the main road / transport route.
- A pupil who, due to the guardians having joint custody, lives at two different addresses has, if the right to free school transportation exists, the right to free school transportation to and from the permanent address.
- School transportation is arranged primarily with public transport.