Environmental protection regulations
The environmental protection regulations are based on the Environmental Protection Act and are intended to supplement the law in accordance with local conditions in order to prevent environmental pollution and contribute to a healthy, safe and pleasant living environment.
The regulations are in force and must be followed in the municipalities of Kristinestad, Kaskö, Närpes and Korsholm (Kristiinankaupunki, Kaskinen, Närpiö and Mustasaari). The West Coast Environmental Unit’s environmental protection regulations have been approved by the municipal councils and were entered into force on 3 November 2014.
The regulations contain instructions and generally accepted procedures that are necessary to prevent environmental damage and guarantee access to information and legal protection for businesses and municipal residents. The instructions do not apply to activities that require a permit or notification in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act.
The environmental protection regulations provide information on the following:
- Wastewater treatment
- Washing of mats, textiles etc.
- Washing and maintenance of vehicles, boats, machines etc.
- Use of fertilisers and fertiliser ingredients
- Soil conditioners (vegetable waste, sludge and ash)
- Storage and handling of chemicals in tanks
- Tanks taken out of service and the inspection of tanks
- Salting of roads
- Location of geothermal heating systems
- Waste management and use of waste in small-scale earthworks
- Waste incineration on properties
- Activities causing temporary noise disturbances (noise reporting)
- Temporary and mobile asphalt stations
- Use of sound systems
Environmental protection regulations (in Swedish)
Justifications for environmental protection regulations (in Swedish)